Thursday, February 17, 2011

Upcoming Excitement




Have you ever wondered how much longer you can stand to be in the rut you created for yourself?  Lately I have been consumed with thoughts of helplessness, loneliness and an unwillingness to fight back.  I can't seem to propel myself to do anything much other than get up and shower and get dressed, make the bed and make breakfast.  

So the other day I decided I shall go on a journey to BC and back in the span of a week.  I asked my grand daughter if she would like to come along and she has heartily agreed.  She is bringing her girl friend and the three of us will be off bright and early Saturday morning to go to Medicine Hat the first day.  I wanted to do this in a cost effective way but who ever said I could do that and stick to it?  So we are doing half cheap and half not so cheap.  We stay with relatives for three nights and in hotels for four.  That about evens things out for me.  My grand daughter and her friend are planning to ski and I shall be contemplating......and visiting my niece for a day .  My extended family have also decided to meet us (maybe) so now it is becoming an event!

Just thinking it will be a great adventure travelling with two twenty year old women.  They are enthusiastic about coming with me and seem to think it will be a blast!  Who knew I could be fun to go with - I certainly am grateful they have agreed to it for otherwise I would spend the week of semester break feeling sorry for myself.  

Now I can't 

What are the goals of my trip?  Why not just say, this time I don't need a purpose.

No comments: