Thursday, February 24, 2011

And Here We Are

We have made it to Radium Hot Springs, BC where each of us is  experiencing our trip in unique ways.  I think the young women travelling with me are experiencing their own discoveries about themselves and their hopes, dreams and goals.

For me it is about reflecting and making some decisions that I have needed to make for years.  I need to start to live my own life now.  No more being wrapped up in the drama of others.  I need to pull away and create my own life within the direction and promptings of God, my Father, counsellor and guide.

Today, I spent much of the day on my own while the girls went off to the hot springs where they met some young people.

Tonight I will again spend time alone.  However, tomorrow, after I drop them off at the ski hill I will drive up to see my niece where we will try and catch up about twenty five years of news.  I haven't had a real good visit with her in at least that long.  I plan to see the business she owns and then we will go out to her home where we will visit a few more hours before  I have to head back to pick up the young ladies.

We will pack and then leave the next morning very early.
I am looking forward to seeing Bob again.  and of course Christian and Heather and Chris and my other two grand kids.

Have I learned anything?   No.... Have I become more focused?  yes.  and I am certain I can now make more positive steps in my life.

just bummin around.
I pray for a safe and uneventful journey home.

No comments: