So many things on my mind today..
Morgan's quilt top is finished and now I need to do some "sashing" and pinning of the back and batting to the top. Today was exciting for me as I ventured out to the fabric store to see what I might put on the back of my quilt. Well, I met a wonderful lady, the owner of the shop who told me so much about quilting. I am thinking I'm a "piecer" and not a quilter as the whole idea of quilting by machine appeals to me. This pleasant lady shared so much with me and even told me about how they have a machine quilting service. What a wonderful idea!
The quilting phase I am currently experiencing has kept me away from internalizing of the many issues that my families are experiencing and has focused me back into the world of being productive. My goal is to make four quilts; one for each of my grandkids. And then I want to make one for each of my children.
The advent of investigation into some troubling health issues has me concerned about my future and the possibility that I might have not too much future left on earth has me thinking about my legacy. I'm sure there are many memories but would like each grand child to have a tangible keepsake from me. Therefore the whole notion of machine quilting will help me achieve my goal of completing a quilt for each one by their birthday.. which all occur in summer. All four of my grandchildren celebrate their birthdays in June and July so it won't prolong the agony that each one experiences as they wait for their special "gift" this year....maybe I should wait for Christmas where each one can receive their gift at that same time.
The other little bit of happiness in my day was a hair do and a note from my husband thanking me for the snuggle last night...that comment just made my day. It's funny how a simple conversation with someone or a small comment like the one he made can either make or break a person's mood.
The other amazing news is that my grand daughter experienced a miracle on Sunday night. She was driving back to her place in Winnipeg when her car went out of control because of the icy conditions. A semi truck was right behind her and as she spun wildly around on the highway she could see the truck coming closer and closer. There was nothing she could do but she cried out "God please help me, I don't want to die, please save me" and with that the car landed in the ditch, off the road and facing the highway on the opposite side of the highway . A second truck, half ton, was behind the semi and the occupants of that truck ran over to make sure she was all right and to pull her out of the ditch. They were amazed at what happened and said they were sure she would be hit by one of the two semis. She said she only saw the semi behind her. Well it seems there was a second semi that was coming toward her on the opposite side of the highway. This truck whizzed by narrowly missing hitting her as she spun around the highway.
My grand daughter had an emotional and physical reaction once the event was over. When she called she said she shouldn't be alive and is sure God saved her. The wonderful thing about this is that she has questioned the whole existence of God for a few years now and she turned to Him when she was in trouble! I am so grateful to Him for sparing her. Earlier that evening my husband and i prayed for her safe journey and for our other family members as well but we were particularly focused on her and our son and his kids that night when we were in prayer. So thankful. Praise God!
"Who am I, Lord GOD, and who are the members of my house, that you have brought me to this point?... Great are you, Lord GOD! There is none like you and there is no God but you, just as we have heard it told"
2. Samuel.
All is well with my soul today.
Thanks be to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment