Friday, December 11, 2009

Why I Like Going To Clear Lake



I love the cottage.  Well, Not so much the cottage but the actual simplicity of living there.  There are simply the basics that meet my individual needs....no more -  no less.  I go there and within hours am feeling the tension leave and after two days I wonder what I was so worked up about before I arrived there.

Because it is in a Canadian National Park, we only have use of the cottage for 7 months.  But in reality, we actually can use it comfortably from mid to late May through September 15 or so.  April and October are far too cold for us up there.  This is one of my favorite places to be if not THE favorite spot for Bob and I.

The second reason I love the cottage is that I get to spend more time with my family.  They come around and there is always a LOT of fun.  This is "home" for our family as all generations have been coming there every summer since birth.  A summer without a cottage visit is not complete for many members of the family.  We have the Gordie visits, we have the drop ins by friends and of course we have the occassional family get togethers.  We are currently trying to figure out a cost effective way to build sleeping quarters so that more of our growing family can be together at the same time.

What I am reminded of most is the serenity that God imparts to us through His creation.  Natural settings and unspoiled habitat are the most effective way that God communicates with me.  I am touched by the gentle breeze singing through the aspens.  I am awed by the sunsets, I am astonished at the thunderstorms and I love the peace of an early morning amble to see the mist rising off the lake with the loons calling out to each other.  I love waking up to the sounds of the loons calling out their praises to God.

Thank You Lord for the Merry Guest (aka "the cottage", "dysfunction junction", "pandemonium place" and "chaos corner".

No comments: