Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hungry and Trying to Lose 175 pounds



One of my favourite blogs to follow is Mennonite Girls Can Cook.  which has a plethora  of wonderful recipes, a few of which I have tried.  Today's recipe is no exception... Roll Kuchen...I have a craving and after reading the recipe I realize I would like to make this and EAT it.  Trouble is.... i have had my bread portion for the day (1) and they are not made with the best quality of flour (white - enriched)  but Boy would I like to eat it.

Why is that??  I'll tell you why.  We always seem to want what we can't have and we don't want what we can have.  The Roll Kuchen stuff is usually eaten with water melon... I can have a cup or two of that!  but again I want QUANTITY - like three cups or more.

Portion control portion control

Is there a lesson in this word portion control I wonder.  I looked up the concordance in Bible Gateway.com and I discover that portion and control are referred to in the following scripture.


Genesis 43:34 (New International Version)

34 When portions were served to them from Joseph's table, Benjamin's portion was five times as much as anyone else's. So they feasted and drank freely with him

well....then...that doesn't help does it.


No comments: