Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wow! Let's Get Serious!!


I am so full of awe for the amazing ways that prayers are being answered.  In my narrow circle which now extends all the way to the other end of the earth, so many prayers and mercies are being displayed.  Thanks be to God!!!

The past year has flown by.  I've heard it said that the older you get the faster time seems to pass.  It's true and not true.  There are things happening quickly in my own life and in the lives of those whom I love.  Who's responsible for the turn around?  I know it is God cause since we have reconnected with His people we are blessed over and over again.  Thanks Be To God!!

I've made a new friend and a very special lady indeed she is.  My friend is from "down under" and she has shared her great love for God with me.  She has reminded me to praise in all things, no matter how hopeless the situation appears.  I've tried that and frankly at first I was not too successful in shifting my focus from the situation to the Lord.  Now it's getting easier.  She has inspired me to reach out to God to have Him fill my life with hope and praise and love and acceptance.  She is truly a sister in Christ who has reached out to me through time and space and I think over and over, she inspires, nudges and teaches me.  She likely doesn't even realize it.  She has worries and foibles like anyone but she has a SOURCE... a WAY to decompress these worries and frailties into manageable segments.  Praising God all the way!  THANKS BE TO GOD!

I've made another new friend in my own community as well.  When we embarked on a lenten quest to return to the church of our youth, my husband and I were tentative at best in our approach to it.  In a few short weeks we are back to tithing, praying, reading and studying God's word.  What shall this bring to us.  I don't think either of us imagined that we would connect with the many special people there.  And many more as well.  Can you imagine what God has in store for each of us if we just take a small first step.  He wont take us beyond what we can manage but He will push into us and push us into circumstances that will challenge us and help us to grow.  Thanks be to God!





No comments: